Tuesday 19 October 2010

Tale of gamers, amandum, dum, dum....

I know, I know, I keep chopping and changing what I'm doing here but this should be the last slight change.

I went to start the tale of gamers and was planning to do high elves AND salamanders. I quickly realised, however, that time wouldn't allow me to do two armies well. So I faced a choice, two armies poorly or one army well. GW models are too good to do a rushed paint job on and I've always been one for doing stuff properly so I went for just doing one. As I already had over 2000pts fully painted for the salamanders I realised I really should do the high elves.

This is no bad thing, the elves are fun to paint with plenty of detail and 8th ed. has made them really potent. So, here we go. Out of the grin darkness of the far future and into the chaotic and magical old world we go.

So to start with I need a legal 500pt army, meaning three units and a character and not exceeding the % points allocation. This posed quite a problem as 500pts is really small for fantasy and particularly high elves. Spent my minimum core on archers then split my other points between the a cheap level one mage, (cos elves need magic) some shadow warriors (cos a unit is cheap) and some sword masters, (cos they rock). That balances the books and should be a capable force with magic, combat and shooting potential.


Here's the list


Mage (High magic)
Silver wand

Talisman of protection

120


12 Archers

132

5 Shadow Warrior


Champion

92


8 Swordmasters

Full Command

Gleaming Pennant

155


As this is only 500pts knocked together to the tight specs in the rule book using only the modles I could get painted in time the only plan is give it a go and have fun. Hopefully more of a plan will develop over time as I get more models painted and get used to fantasy.


Hope to have run-downs on my first battles up soon and will eventually write some fluff for the army, but for now I'll just leave you with pics of my first 500pts















No comments:

Post a Comment