Friday 18 December 2009

I was going to start this blog with some spacemarine tactics that I use with my salamanders, but I wanted some pics to illustrate them so that will have to wait till after Christmas when I get my new camera. Instead I’m going to start by introducing what I'm doing with tyranids.

Unless you are completely unfamiliar with warhammer 40k or you’ve been living in a cave since September, you will know that the new tyranid codex is due out on 16th of Jan 2010 and that tyranids are awesome (especially the new plastic trygon/mawloc kit). So in the new year I’ve decided to go for it and collect tyranids as my next army. There are several reason why I’m doing this. Firstly, as I said; tyranids are awesome. Secondly, they are completely different in just about every respect to my trusty spacemarines so will present a new and exciting challenge. Finaly, I already have 22 genstealers and a broodlord and not just any old genstealers and broodlord, these are the very exclusive, limited production run, unique, beautifully crafted genstealers and broodlord from the spacehulk box set. I’ve already converted 5 of the blood angle terminators and the librarian from spacehulk into salamanders for my 40k force (while still keeping them usable in spacehulk by only bluetacing them to the 40k bases) and plan to use the ‘stealers in the same way.

Why am I telling you this? Well those of you who read White Dwarf will be familiar with the tail of 4 gamers articles. I’m going to attempt something similar, writing about the whole process of collecting, painting and gaming with a new army from scratch. I’m not going to stick to the same strict guidelines and times they did in WD but over the months I’m going to blog about my new nids, looking at paint schemes, army building, tactics and battle reports and hopefully getting some feed back from you guys about what I could do differently and what looks/sounds cool.

Anyway. That’s all for today. Have a great weekend. Nid ideas and salamander tactics to come

No comments:

Post a Comment