Sunday 13 December 2009

New blog

Hey guys.
So, my first every blog..... Where to start, where to start?
I’m Will, I’m a 24 year old Warhammer 40k player in Suffolk, England and I’ve been inspired by some fellow war gamers to start a blog about my hobby. Want to start with a few shout outs to say thanks to the guys who inspired me. Auxillion (http://auxforge.blogspot.com/ ), Fritz (http://saimhann.blogspot.com) and Jawaballs (http://warhammer40kbloodangels.blogspot.com). These guys are awesome and I highly recommend there blogs and youtube channels.

So what’s this blog all about? Basically, my whole experience of the games-workshop hobby, I’m going to talk about painting, converting, tactics, battle reports and fluff. I’m hoping to make it interesting to read and be informative so you guys can get some idea’s to try out your selves and learn from my experiences (What went well and what went epically wrong). I’m also hoping to hear from you guys and learn from you to improve my gaming (and painting, and modelling ect...... ). You get my drift, generaly get the most out of the hobby and help you guys do the same

At the moment I’m collecting a space marine army, salamanders chapter, I’ve got just over 1750pts painted and I'm starting to win slightly more games with them than I lose. I’m hoping to get well over 2000pts in the end and lead them with Vulkan He’stan (Got to love a character that rewards you for playing to the fluff). I’ve also got a few orkz and 1500pts of tau but neither are painted to a standard I would like and aren’t tactically up to date with 5th ed. so I don’t tend to use them (maybe one day.....?) and in the new year I’ve got something very cool planned with tyranids, but more on that in another blog.

One final point I don’t have a camera at the moment so won’t be able to put up any pictures for now. Thankfully Christmas is less than two weeks away and I may be getting a digital camera so then you can see my army and battles ect.

Thats’ all for now, I need some sleep cos I’ve got to be in work at 8:30.
Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment