Sunday 12 April 2015

Getting into hoards part 2; Troll Axer

So turns out I'm too impatient to wait until the end of the month to get started on the Trollbloods, I went ahead and got my self a Troll Axer. The thinking is that I wanted a model to start practicing my Trollblood paint scheme on, and from what I've read the Axer is a good light beast that can find it's way into may troll lists. A strong reach weapon, a thresher attack, great armour for a light beast and an animus (+2 speed an pathfinder) that could go well on many melee beasts (I'm looking at you Dire Troll Mauler) all for 6 pts, I'll take one of those.






Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. I had fun adding weathering effects to the armour and blood splatter to the ax and found a good way of getting to skin to look how I wanted it. Tried to do a tartan pattern on the kilt and although I'm not 100% pleased with it, I think it's a good place to start from. Next time I'll probably try a mix bright and more muted colours, rather than the barrage of bright, mostly primary colours I've used on the Axer's kilt. Once I've practiced the technique more I'm hopping to put up a tutorial about how I did the various bits, but for now, I hope you like my Troll Axer and check back
soon for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment