Tuesday 14 April 2015

Imperial Knight

Hey guys. As promised in my Salamander army list post, here is my Knight. After much deliberation I went for the standard house Cadmus colour scheme because I liked both there fluff and colours and it gave me a chance to use some of the excellent transfers that can with the kit.










I started with a base of Leadbelcher on the sub skeleton wich was the given 2 heavy washes, one of Nuln oil and one of Agrax earthshade and finished with a drybrush of Necron compound. As suggested in GW's YouTube vid on painting a Knight, I painted the armour plates off the model and only stuck them on at the end. The green is Waaagh Flesh green, Shaded with BielTan Green wash in the recesses and highlighted with Straken Green. The Yellow is Avaland Sunset, shaded with Seraphim Sepia and Highlighted with Flash Gitz Yellow. For the more decorative metal and the gun barrel I again stated with a base coat of Leadbelcher but gave it only a single wash of Nuln Oil before layering with Leadbelcher and finally dry brushing with Necron compound.

I put loads of time and effort into getting it just right because it's a great model and an awesome center piece for my army (and was an anniversary present from my wife) and i'm delighted with how he turned out in the end

Hope Y'all like him, and look out for him in future batreps.

No comments:

Post a Comment