Monday 6 April 2015

Getting into hoards part1

So after a 4 year break from blogging I'm back.

I've had loads on that's left little time for blogging; including getting married and buying a house as well as branching out to new army's and gaming systems. Of these privateer press' Warmachine has been particularly fun, I've now got a descent sized Cygnar army and was considering where to take it next when THIS came up pre-order at my local game store.


Hoards, as the other side of Warmachine and completely compatible with it, has interested me for a while and this deal was to good to pass up. These army boxes give about a 50% discount on buying the models individually and unlike GW battleforces are designed to be fully usable (and competitive) armies on there own. Unlike every other fantasy setting, in the hoards universe trolls are cast as the oppressed good guys and there style is somewhere between Warhammer fantasy orcs and the Scottish in the time of William Walace (Braveheart). This all appeals to me and there play style (melee focused and very resilient) is the complete opposite to my fragile, shooty Cygnar, giving me a new gaming experience. 

The box comes out in late April and I'm planning to blog about my experiences painting, playing and expanding on the army and trying to make it interesting and informative. I'll also try to put some other Wargaming posts up along the way.

Hope you enjoy it and with a bit of luck I'll have another post up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment